We’re seeking talented Data Engineers to help build, scale and maintain our platform’s foundational persistence frameworks and topologies. You’ll work on developing highly available, secure, resilient, and high-performing data persistence solutions that power our core platform. As a Data Engineer, you understand distributed systems backed by RDBMS, NoSQL and other purpose built data stores and pipelines. We are looking for team members who are passionate about automation for deployment and scaling, performance analysis, and data as a service. . This role calls for a development driven mindset in order to deliver and support cutting-edge persistence products. Our ideal candidate will be familiar with the challenges of designing & operating persistent volumes in a cloud environment like AWS leveraging various persistence mechanisms including S3, EBS, and Glacier, as well as micro-services design paradigms and virtualization, including Docker. You’ll work on US hours.
- Review and propose database technologies, deployment topologies and design to ensure high availability and performance (replication, sharding / partitioning, multi-tenancy).
- Provide technical solutions to support operations at scale and with high availability.
- Recommend and implement solutions to improve performance, availability, resource consumption, and resiliency.
- Provide reliable and verifiable solutions for data migration, schema synchronization, and data protection.
- Develop automated database cluster provisioning solutions in our dockerized environment.
- Experience with multiple modern database technologies, including at least one of MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, and/or Couchbase.
- Knowledge of theory and operation of replication, multi-tenancy and partitioning techniques.
- Exposure to architecture and administration of multi-node database topologies.
- Experience in performance analysis, tuning, and query optimization (indexing techniques, schema optimization).
- Strong SQL and relational data modeling knowledge.
- Experience with deployment, configuration, and operation of data services in a cloud environment.
- Expert experience with MySQL.
- Experience with one or more of Couchbase, MongoDB, and/or Cassandra.
- Document and/or column-family store data modeling experience.
- Experience optimizing networking in cloud environments.
- Experience deploying large-scale systems in AWS cloud.