Our industry is starting to go through a transformational shift and we intend to lead it. As talent becomes the main differentiator between failure and success, organizations must attract, engage and develop their people more than ever. To do so, they need powerful, sophisticated tools that take the pain out of HR management and empower employees & people leaders. That is where we come in.
As a Senior Product Manager on our team, you will support the overall product strategy and work with the product leadership team to articulate the vision and mission of the product roadmap through feature prioritization, breakdown and development. As part of the product management team, you are front-and-center in helping us move forward. Act like an owner.
- Manage execution for a specific product as a Product Owner from product definition and planning through production, release, and end of life
- Develop user stories and requirements while evaluating their potential and practicality by analyzing market and customer needs
- Serve as the central resource with design, process, test, quality and marketing as the product(s) move to production and distribution
- Act as user champion when coordinating product development with business stakeholders and align all development activity with business goals and priorities
- Manage the product backlog (grooming, prioritization and refinement), working day-to-day with the product SCRUM teams to clarify requirements, balancing business needs with technical requirements, and recommending alternative approaches to meet design requirements when needed
- Collaborate with marketing, sales and service on the development of product positioning, demo design, training courses, sales collateral, etc. to ensure that business objectives are achieved
- Actively participate in the development process by building users stories within the sprint cycle.
- 4+ years of experience in a product management or consulting in enterprise software with overall 10+ years of experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with engineering teams to accomplish project goals
- Ability to learn and actively build on the Lifion Platform
- Must be able to demonstrate and/or describe a detailed software product that you've built yourself. It can be something you’ve done as a project or on the job. This product should be able to demonstrate your ability to envision, define, and execute independently.
- Deep knowledge of application design principles, including object modeling, extensibility, etc., and experience applying them to build complex software applications.
- Experience working as product manager on a large-scale web application or enterprise software product with front and back-end processes
- Strong technical aptitude is a plus: Information Systems background with an MIS or BS degree from a top university.
- A track record of successful collaboration with cross-functional groups including corporate management, engineering, client services, enterprise customers, and direct sales teams.
- Exceptional and demonstrable problem-solving and design capabilities
- Capable of managing multiple stakeholders on the best course of action for the product
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Able to conceptualize, negotiate and sell ideas internally and externally
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in education and experience
- Enterprise software experience is a major asset
- Experience in HCM and or Payroll domain will be a major plus
- Experience in building a product from the ground up (inception to GTM and implementation support)
- Software development background
- Software or solutions consulting
We are a special venture within a large established company, we “re-write the rules” when we need to and define our own standards for success. We have access to the resources of a Fortune 500 with the velocity of a startup. Our team is high powered and committed and we expect the same from every person we hire. Our industry is starting to go through a transformational shift and we intend to lead it.
As talent becomes the main differentiator between failure and success, organizations must attract, engage and develop their people more than ever before. To do so they need powerful and sophisticated products that take the pain out of HR management and empower employees and people leaders. We are building the next generation of products and services to help companies do just that.