We’re seeking talented Data Engineers to help build, scale, and maintain our platform’s foundational stateful service frameworks and topologies. You’ll work on developing highly available, secure, resilient, and high-performing data as a service solutions that power our core platform. As a Data Engineer you understand distributed systems backed by RDBMS, NoSQL and other purpose built data stores, streams, and pipelines. We are looking for team members that are passionate about DevOps, automation for deployment, scaling, performance analysis, and data as a service. We have a strong belief that untested code is broken code and you should too. This role calls for a development driven mindset in order to deliver cutting edge data products. Our ideal candidate will be familiar with the challenges of designing and operating persistent storage volumes in a cloud environment like AWS leveraging various persistence mechanisms such as S3, EBS, and Glacier, as well as micro-services design paradigms and containerization, including Docker.
- Review and propose database technologies, deployment topologies and design to ensure high availability and performance (replication, sharding / partitioning, multi-tenancy).
- Provide technical solutions to support operations at scale and with high availability.
- Recommend and implement solutions to improve performance, availability, resource consumption, and resiliency.
- Provide reliable and verifiable solutions for data migration, schema synchronization, and data protection.
- Develop automated database cluster provisioning solutions in our dockerized environment
- Experience with multiple modern database technologies, including at least one of MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, and/or Couchbase.
- Knowledge of theory and operation of replication, multi-tenancy and partitioning techniques.
- Exposure to architecture and administration of multi-node database topologies.
- Experience in performance analysis, tuning, and query optimization (indexing techniques, schema optimization).
- Document and/or column-family store data modeling.
- Strong SQL and relational data modeling knowledge.
- Experience with deployment, configuration, and operation of data services in a cloud environment.
- Experience with data streaming platforms such as Kafka.
- Expert experience with MySQL.
- Expert with one or more of Couchbase, MongoDB, and/or Kafka.
- Experience optimizing networking in cloud environments.
- Experience deploying large-scale systems in AWS cloud.