Our industry is starting to go through a transformational shift and we intend to lead it. As the talent becomes the main differentiator between failure and success organizations must attract, engage and develop their people more than ever. To do so, they need powerful and sophisticated tools, which take the pain out of HR management and empower employees & people leaders. That is where we come in.
Lifion by ADP is expanding our startup style operation in NYC in order to accelerate new technical innovation across UI, Search, Platform Technology, IAAS, Big Data, Social, etc. The concept and vision behind the strategy is "Innovate like a Startup" with the goal of delivering highly automated, intelligent and predictive solutions to the market. Our goal is to have specialized teams of superstars focused in these areas to keep pace with market trends and quickly incubate and deliver capabilities that dramatically increase the value of our solutions for clients.
As a Lead/Senior DevOps Engineer you have come up through the ranks as a full-stack engineer and are passionate about automating all the things. You think in terms of infrastructure as code and testing as a first-class citizen. You can pipe, grep, and sed your way across posix with the best of them. You are very opinionated about patterns and practices but pragmatic in your discourse and implementation. You have experience building fully automated, highly elastic, cloud-orchestrated platforms over various IaaS providers like AWS, GCE, or on-premise solutions. You see containers as the future of software deployments and are familiar with how to orchestrate them with frameworks like Mesos and Kubernetes. There is a fine line between configuration management and immutable infrastructure and you know how to walk it.
- Coding chops: It’s important for members of the Infrastructure Team to be competent programmers in order to interact with other engineering groups and for automating system tasks.
- Strong Linux fundamentals: System calls, iptables rules and kernel features. We leverage linux from local dev all the way to production and will need hands on across our stack.
- Metrics: Experience with open-source solutions like Graphite or hosted solutions like Librato. We can communicate key data to colleagues & stakeholders.
- Persistent data stores and queuing systems: We make use of many of these like MySQL, Redis and RabbitMQ. We may quiz you on SQL during your interview.
- Networking: deep concepts from the NIC card up to resolv.conf
- Start up or nimble technology organization experience would match our fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in bash, posix api, package managers (yum, apt, etc.) as well as a scripted or interpreted language like Go, Ruby, Python or Groovy.
- Strong experience with network protocols, from the lower layers (IP, TCP, UDP) to HTTP
- Experience with Infrastructure as a Service e.g. AWS
- Experience with multiple modern Linux application runtimes such as Node, JVM, Python & C
- Familiarity with RDBMS, NoSQL & In-Memory databases
- Experience with Agile/Scrum as software development methodology
- Previous experience working with external technology vendors