ADP has a special venture located in Chelsea- Lifion by ADP. We are looking to hire a VP of People Strategy & Operations. This startup team, Lifion, within ADP is focused on “re-writing the rules” and defining standards for success-and we are looking for a People Partner who can work with the team and support their efforts.
At Lifion, we have access to the resources of a Fortune 500 with the velocity of a startup. As a member of a Human Capital Management solutions development team, you will have the opportunity to weigh in on product strategy and growth for our associates and our future. We are looking to hire an HR Business Partner that can work side by side with the leaders and associates within the Lifion team to facilitate moving quickly and work with their colleagues across ADP to get things done with the ability to think “outside of the box” to deliver against important organizational expectations.
We are helping to find, grow and keep the remarkable assemblage of talent. You'll be a champion of Lifion's culture and values, partnering with our business leaders to help them build their organizations and make sure all people decisions are supported by data and talent sensors. Whether coaching your clients on how to lead their teams, navigating and resolving associate relations issues or managing programs that help develop our people, you are exceptionally focused on putting them first, and being as clear and transparent as possible to help them understand how people decisions get made.
As a People Partner (formerly known as HR Business Partner), you will be responsible for solving complex organizational challenges through people-related solutions. You’ll be an integral part of the leadership team, so you’ll need to understand every aspect of the business and be a thought leader regarding People and Organizational topics. Its your role to create the end-to-end People Strategy that will support associates in realizing their wildest ambitions. This will require you to think big, use data to guide your work, be comfortable challenging convention, and in some cases to reinvent how work is done. You’ll partner with a cross-functional group of subject-matter experts to design and execute your strategy for how we staff, onboard, develop, motivate, retain and organize work. As part of our culture, you'll also have the opportunity to be hands-on, working side by side with associates to get things done on a variety of people-related areas. As a core part of this hands-on work, you will be rolling out programs to support our associates – including cutting edge compensation, performance and talent programs to stay ahead of our competitors in the NYC market such as Google, Amazon and several up and coming startups.
We want to bring the world's most innovative people to Lifion and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next great Lifionite, refining our core programs, developing talent or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our associates, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field.
The second part of your core job will be to provide HCM consultation into development and design of our next gen HCM product. The organization will look for your Subject matter expertise and collaborative leadership to help design a compliant yet cutting edge product for HCM practitioners and People officers across the globe.
- Offer thought leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution. Provide insightful data to guide decision making and provide proactive solutions.
- Consult with Lifion's leaders to create a comprehensive people plan to influence lasting change across all areas at Lifion.
- Solve problems and get to the root cause of any issue, no matter how complex, and design and quickly implement solutions that cut across multiple disciplines, even those beyond people and organizational solutions.
- Provide expertise in the following areas: career planning, performance management, coaching, data analysis, compensation and rewards, employee relations, learning and development, recognition programs, and strategic development.
What’s different about this role?
At Lifion, we are fast paced and operate like a start up. It is your job to ensure that the team is able to produce, while working with your colleagues throughout ADP to figure out the right way to make that happen.
Get ready to act like an owner and roll up your sleeves. Everyone is hands-on and we want you to have your own opinions. We believe integrity is everything and culture is important. We need you to be a part of that.
We are creating HR tools that can take the pain out of the product that you are a subject matter expert in. We are looking to you to provide insight and direction into our future. You will have the opportunity to partner with our leaders to help shape the future of our product.
A combination of HR experience in the following areas: Organizational design, succession planning, performance management, diversity and inclusion, business consulting, compensation and rewards, recognition programs, culture keeper, employee engagement, coaching and development, Talent management, conflict resolution, talent acquisition, data analysis, and employee relations.
- MBA or Advanced Degree or equivalent work experience and education required.
- 10 - 15 years of progressive HR leadership experience
- Experience working as a management consultant, working with external clients.
- Experience leading an organization’s HR processes and direct partnership and interaction with senior leadership.
- Strong ability to adapt and relate to a variety of levels of the organization.
- Experience partnering with technology client in a previous role. (in any capacity)
- Start-up experience is a huge advantage, but your out-of-the-box, progressive thinking is more important.
- Demonstrated ability to work within constraints as well as to challenge the status quo.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and being a part of deeply complex strategy discussions.
- Effective communicator with the ability to build relationships with senior leaders and a complex set of stakeholders to drive organizational change.